Thursday, August 2, 2012

At Least I Made It To August

I was so determined to do well with this "Photo-a-Day" challenge this summer.   Then I got lazy.  First, it was not posting but still taking pictures, then I stopped taking pictures.  I think I have gotten back on the wagon.

For now.

Over the weekend, The Hubs and I got to celebrate our anniversary at our favorite anniversary restaurant.  I think we've gone there about four out of the twelve years?  Anywho, it never disappoints, and this time, someone came and took our picture.  While the date on the card they made for us isn't our anniversary, it works.  Plus, it's better than a picture of all of the food we ate, or, better yet, us eating the food.

On Tuesday, we hit up a zoo that is in the city my sister lives in.  It's a bit of a drive and much smaller than the zoo we normally frequent, but it was a nice change of pace.  Hanging out with the cousins was an added bonus.


  While that last picture is a picture of my kids with a bear, I don't think it quite compares to "our bear".  We miss that guy.

While most of the day yesterday involved staying in our jammies, we did get dressed to take in a cupcake decorating class. While I was a little less than impressed (hey, you get what you pay for and this was a "Groupon" type event), the kids still had fun, and I guess that's the whole point.
 
Here's The Little Man not listening to instructions (See the concentration The Girl has.  She is such a good listener.).  He told me right from the start that he wasn't going to make any puppy dog cupcakes (that was the theme of the class).  He wanted to do his own thing.  I was so shocked by him not conforming and not following the rules, like he normally does, that I had nothing to say.  I just watched him do it.

The Girl getting started with her base layer of butter cream:

The Little Man getting ready to get wild:


The Little Man's finished products.  Nothing recognizable.  His goal was to use all the colors and all the frosting tips.  Period.

The Girl followed directions for a while, then she too went rogue.   She was interested in making flowers. 
What can I say,  I had a rebellious group on my hands.


I'd rather they take it all out on the frosting than in school in just a few short weeks.

No comments: