Monday, August 13, 2012

Portrait of a Self Portrait

Her first self-portrait was of her new hair cut.  She got rid of about three inches of straw hair.
The Girl has inherited my old iPhone as a way for her to "practice responsibility" before we let her spend the money she saved for a new iPod touch.  All summer she has been saving for an iPod touch because, according to her, every last one of her friends and kids in her class have one except her.  I found out, recently, that about two kids she knows have one.  However, she saved and worked for the money all summer long, and that is what she wanted.  She has even denied herself buying gum and candy when we go to the store since it would mean that she would be a dollar farther away from her goal.

So, it begins.  A child that can download apps, play games, and take as many self portraits as she likes.

As long as we stay away from the texting and phone calls, I think I'm OK with it.

I think.

No comments: