Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Goals, They Are Lofty

My heart is happy. 

It is Christmas Break.

*Sigh*

I think it's safe to say that when you ask most kids what they would like to do for Christmas Break,  many would say things like: "Hang out with friends", "Go to the movies", "Go skiing", or many many other things that would include "Going" or "Doing".

Not my kids.

Upon entering the house after school on Friday, The Little Man declared,  "YES!  It's finally Christmas Break.  I am going to put on my jammies and not take them off for seven straight days!"

When I casually responded that it would be awkward for him to be in his jammies when we were out doing some of our Advent activities, he actually started to cry. 

I thought he was exaggerating. 

I guess not.

When The Girl came home from school later that afternoon (Little Man only does half day kindergarten), she too had a proclamation of how she would like to spend her Christmas Break. 

"YES!  Finally I can sleep in all the way until 9:30 the next night if I want to!  I'm going to sleep, sleep, sleep!"

Well.

Who am I to stand in the way of greatness?

No comments: