Monday, December 12, 2011

No Condemnation

Clearly, all that blogging in November set me up for a small break here in December. 

Whew!

Actually, that Advent project that I posted on, just previous to this post, well, it turns out I was right.  It's taking up some serious time.  Which isn't all that bad.  Needless to say, there will be some changes made to this project next year.  However, I want to follow it all out as planned before I make any decisions on how it could be different.  Who knows, maybe when it's all said and done, I will think, "Yep, it was all worth it.  I wouldn't change a thing!" 

We'll see!

At some point, I would like to share the pictures of some of the projects we've done.  Honestly, though, I haven't really taken too many.  At first, I kept forgetting my camera, which is odd since I was just using my phone, and I never leave home without my phone.  Somehow, I managed to forget my phone at home a few times in a row.  Then, at other times, it just seemed awkward to take a picture.  I felt weird pulling my camera out.  Like it was inappropriate.  Also, I kept feeling reminded of the fact that we weren't doing this for ourselves (i.e. to make some sort of scrapbook or to share pics with grandma, etc.).  We were doing this for the people who we had chosen to share God's love with.  Taking a picture just makes it feel like a project to document, or something.  All that to say, I only have a few pics...for good reason.

One last thing about Advent before I share what I came here to share:  I love that somehow number 4 is missing on my list of things we are doing.  I am certain that I didn't skip number 4 when I originally typed out the post.  In fact, I actually went back and forth as to whether or not I should put that activity on my blog.  Number 4 was a project that I wanted to be kind of secret since the person who would be receiving it might read this blog or hear about our Advent activities.  I didn't want whoever received number 4 to think that they were part of a "project".  Because they weren't.  They received number 4 because we love them, and we felt the Spirit lead us to them.  Yes, it was on the list of "things to do", but we really prayed over that particular activity, and I am thankful for the way it all came together and turned out.  The recipients were blessed, and we were as well.  So, the fact that number 4 never showed up on the blog made it even more special, and I didn't need to worry.

So.   That's Advent. 

So far.

I hope to have time soon to go through each experience, not to bore you to death, but to remember for ourselves.

Speaking of remembering, I am now remembering the real reason I logged in tonight....

The other night, as we finished up reading our Bible story, there were some discussion questions.  One of the questions asked, "Have you ever confessed a sin to God?  How do you know you were forgiven?"

I absolutely adored The Little Man's response:
me: After you told God what you did and asked for Him to forgive you, did He?
p: Yes.
me: How do you know?
p: Because, when I first prayed to Him and told Him what I did I felt really bad.  But then I asked Him if I could be forgiven.  Right away I felt really good again.  It was like I was all better.  That's how I know He forgave me.  I didn't feel bad anymore.  I felt really good again. I could just go on.

I love how simple "Childlike faith" is. 

He confessed and was forgiven.  Just like God says He will do when we come to Him in true repentance.  I always want to make it more difficult.  Maybe carry around some guilt for awhile, or sit around waiting on some form of punishment.

Instead, His word tells us:
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death." -Romans 8:1-2

And:
 “Their sins and lawless acts
   I will remember no more.”

 18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary." -Hebrews 10:17-18

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: