Monday, July 4, 2011

Praise

Oh, Summer!  How time does escape me when you are here!

So three days ago I was due for another Scripture Memory Verse

Yea.

I was struggling to find the most perfect verse that would encompass my feelings of praise, awe, and thanksgiving as I have been learning about the different attributes and names of God in my summer Bible study.  This study has opened my eyes to attributes of God that I have never considered, at least not to the depth in which I have studied them.  My love and awe of Him have only intensified.  I wanted a verse that expressed praise and thanksgiving for who He is: Forgiver of my sins, healer, redeemer, good, loving, and merciful.

"Let all that I am praise the Lord;
      may I never forget the good things he does for me.
 3 He forgives all my sins
      and heals all my diseases.
 4 He redeems me from death
      and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
 5 He fills my life with good things.
      My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"

-Psalm 103:2-5 NLT

Lord,
Let all that I am praise you for who you are.  May my praise for you always be on my lips.  Constantly remind me, Lord, of all the good things you have done.  You Lord are my redeemer and healer.  While on this earth you do bring relief from my diseases and struggles, however, this relief is only a foretaste of what you have promised for me when we I am with you in Heaven for all of eternity.  My heart is filled with joy at the thought of what lies ahead.  Thank you for the gift of salvation and eternal life with you.
Amen.

No comments: