Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just a Few of my Favorite Things

My most favorite thing of this summer?

I mean besides the goosebumps you get when you walk outside into the warm sunshine after being inside an overly air conditioned building.

Or the pool.  That my kids can swim in without me having to watch over them like a hawk.

Or flip flops.

Or sundresses.

Or all the fresh fruit.

Or my little garden.

Or Harry Potter.

Or all the new recipes the kids and I have been trying out...have mercy.

Or the fact that the sun doesn't set until after 8:30.

Or ice cream.

What I am loving more than anything else this summer is the fact that my kids have learned how to sleep in.  It is a love gift from God to me.  Over the weekend, they weren't waking until after nine.  NINE O'CLOCK.  Actually on the 4th, the kids were not up until 9:40.  It's like I have teenagers.  I had to go and wake up The Hubs who decided he was going to join them. Do you know what a momma can get done in a just a few hours if the house is totally quiet? 

The time has been so precious. 

And I have loved every second of it.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Enjoyed reading your posts today. Yes as a Mom of four ages 25, 21, 15 and 12 (I somehow thought my house would get more quiet as my children got older or less chaotic, go figure), at any rate; I know what a Mom can get done or NOT with a few hours of quiet.

Come visit me sometime. God bless Enjoy your summer.

Judy said...

Mandie I just love your blog. It is the highlight of my day, tears and all.
Love ya