Wednesday, September 22, 2010

As If You Cared

Dear Fall,

Today is the day that you officially return to us.  While I do apologize for all the nasty thoughts and words I have said about you in the past, it is true, you are not my favorite time of year.  

However, your color is amazing.  At times I actually go breathless taking in all of your gorgeousness.  And who doesn't like stomping around in crunchy leaves? 

Yesterday, when I was out and about, I took in a deep breath of your crisp air and realized how fresh it smelled.  Instantly I  thought about pumpkins, apples, harvest, and all things cinnamon.  A smile crept onto my face.

I have to admit, as I read a magazine on the porch yesterday, I was actually happy to not be sweating.  It's true, the temperature had dipped below 85 degrees, and I was still able to find happiness.  Also, I have been finding a small amount of joy in trying on sweaters and cardigans. And the boots this season?  They are too cute!

However.

*ahem*

My biggest beef with you still remains.  Why must you bring along all of the nasty colds, viruses, and flu bugs?  Really?   They are pure misery.  You know, you are who you hang out with.  It is for this reason that you and I cannot be BFF's, or even F's for that matter.   Some will say all the other aforementioned things totally outweigh the illnesses that come with fall.  I say, "No. No, they don't." You have hurt me in this area, and I will forever have a guard up with you in regards to this.

Sincerely,
Me
Team: Summer

(But you already knew that)

No comments: