Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wardrobe Malfunction

I would start this post off by saying that "It's been crazy around here," or "Where did the time go?", but I think at this point, it's just understood. I have a feeling that from here until the second week of June, it's going to be all I have to just keep my head above water. This time, from Spring Break to the end of the school year, is notorious for being overwhelmingly busy. Throw two vacations into the mix and you have down right craziness! It's a good crazy though, right?

That's what I'll tell myself.

In preparing for our first vacation, I've been on a mission to be beach ready. This includes shopping, shopping, returning, and shopping some more. It is totally out of hand, but thankfully, I think it's done.

For now.

Also, I've had to get parts of my body beach ready that are currently in hibernation mode still. It's been a rude wake up, but I think we are there. One part of my body that needed a wake up was my bikini line. I decided this year to take care of this area with more than just a razor, and went in for my first wax. Before my appointment that day, I needed to make yet another stop at a store nearby to see if I could find a "Resort Formal" dress. This particular store is very smart because they have set up a TV/DVD player in the dressing room with movies for children to watch.

With The Little Man safely set up with a movie, I headed into my private dressing room. I was feeling a bit more modest around my youngest because I had on undergarments that were appropriate for my upcoming waxing appointment. This type of underwear is not my normal fare.

Imagine my surprise when out of no where my dressing room door FLIES WIDE OPEN and my son is standing there saying, "Hey mom, the movie's over now!"

There may have been a small yelp.

After ushering him in and explaining to him the whole knocking and privacy thing, he settled in as I tried on the last three dresses. After taking off one of the dresses I was quite surprised to turn around and find my son pulling his own pants down and then looking at his own tush and underwear in the mirror.

me: Hey bud! What are you doing there?
p: Looking in the mirror and checking something
me: What are you trying to look at?
p: My underwear.
me: Why?

And here is where I wish that we were whispering because the next part felt like it was said maybe a bit too loud.

OK, way too loud.

p: I was checking my underwear to make sure they were OK.
me: Why? Did you have an accident?
p No, but the butts on your underwear are all gone!

(And why OH WHY did I say this next part?)

me: What?
p: (Even louder because the "what" I said didn't imply that I didn't understand what he was talking about, but instead that the volume in which he used wasn't loud enough) The butts are missing on your panties, Mommy!

Nice.

Thankfully, there were no surprise intrusions during my waxing appointment.

3 comments:

Kari said...

DYING of laughter!!!!!

Laura said...

That's so funny

Kelly said...

oh my stars, thanks for the LAUGH! my abs needed it. :)