Monday, July 1, 2013

Still Whining About an Ear Infection

"To stay upbeat about life, accept that you won’t be perfect all the time, and neither will the people or things around you."- Joyce Myers Ministries

I needed this encouragement this morning as I battle with a still raging ear infection, antibiotics that didn't work the entire weekend I took them (except to give me the wonderful gastrointestinal side effects), and a summer that feels like it is slipping through my fingers as I lay in bed for another day.  

He has been faithful by my side through this morning.  As I feel frustrated, He encourages me, comforts me, and reminds me of His perfection in all things, times, and circumstances.

Lord, help me to find rest in this time.  Sitting still long enough to heal physically and be renewed spiritually.  Forgive me for impatience, a constant need to rush and do, and for finding joy in circumstances instead of you.  Amen.

No comments: