Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Girl...She's 9

Sweet Girl,

I'm not sure how it happened, but yesterday you turned nine.  Nine years old!  I can hardly wrap my mind around it.  For a long time I would think about this day, and feel like it was so far away.   I could not imagine you at this age.  I would see clothing at stores that were the size a nine year old would wear and just marvel at the size of them.  It did not seem possible that you would one day fit into those clothes.

And now, here we are.

Nine.

It came so much faster than I ever thought it would.

We've had a wild ride this last year, and I am so proud of the way you have taken it all in.  You have grown out of the little girl phase and are starring dead on at the "tweens".  I'm starring at the "tweens" like a deer in the headlights.  I won't sugar coat it: I'm totally terrified.  Unlike the first few years of your life, my heart now has complete understanding of how fast time moves.  I don't want to waste a single second with you.

I love how you can sit and have deep conversations with me now.  We discuss things like friends, emotions, troubles with school, and Jesus.  I pray that you will continue to come to me to talk.  I don't care if it's about your favorite color, some crazy dream you've had, or if it's more on the serious side.  I pray that you always know that, no matter what, we (daddy too) are here for you.

You are one amazing little girl.  You have one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen.  Through this year, I pray that God would fill every square inch of that heart.  That you would come to know Him  better each day, and that your heart's greatest desire would be to seek Him and please Him in all you do.  I pray that in coming to know Him better, your heart would know how much He loves you.  You are treasured, you are sacred, and you are His.  I am so grateful that He has chosen to share you with us.  These last nine years have been a wild and wonderful ride!

Love,
Mom

Here is your birthday montage:

No comments: