Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Do I Even Dare? No I don't.

I know I have uploaded a lot of pictures onto Blogger into one post before...and regretted every second of it.  However, in an attempt to completely catch up (since I am refusing to blog about anything else until I do), today I will attempt to organize 60 pictures into one post.  Just typing that out gave me the heebie jeebies.  Certainly, I can sum up our trip to Boston in two or three pics, right?  Doubtful.  Plus, it's not just Boston that is going into this post, but basically the last month.

Here we go.

Deep breath.

In a short of notice, quick turn of events, and an over all SURPRISE!  The kids and I decided to pack up and take a last minute trip before school was back in session to visit my sis who just moved to Boston.  We were all pretty excited to get out of Dodge, and it was a great way to wrap up our Summer Vacation.

I have to start by saying, that I have never been anywhere in the New England/East Coast area.  So, I wasn't really sure what to expect except there was going to be a beach, lots of history, and from what I had heard, lots of crazy streets that aren't straight or organized in any way, shape, or form.

On the first day, we hit the beach.  It was the one thing the kids were the most excited about doing (besides riding on an airplane for FOUR hours because that meant they could watch almost two whole Harry Potter movies.  Crazy I tell you.  It was nice for me, though, to settle in with a good book for a long stretch.) while we were in Boston.  So, my sister and I thought it would be best to get that done first.  Thank goodness we did.  The next few days, the weather was less than "beach worthy".

First, though,  the kids got to have breakfast in bed EVERY morning we were in Boston.






















Either that, or the breakfast table actually belonged where they were sleeping the night before.  Since we stayed with my sister at her "Bungalow", we rolled couch and sleeping bag style.

So excited (and silly) to be here!



















I am always at awe at how big the ocean is.  My littles in front of it, only accentuates this further:



















Love The Girl's giggle from getting her toes wet:



















The Little Man was a bit more cautious about getting his toes wet.  You see, we just got done watching "Shark Week" the week before we left.  Ya.  Probably not the best choice.  However, once he got started.  There was no stopping him .  Infact, I've never seen him quite as wound up as he was with excitement.  My sister and I couldn't help but laugh at all his craziness.  He was like a wild animal that was just let loose into a field after being tied up into a crate four times too small.

Or something like that.

Dipping the tootsies, while watching for sharks:



















Letting loose:




















Here he is telling me (and the entire beach because when you are excited you TALK IN A REALLY LOUD VOICE) how the ocean is pulling him in.  I think the optical illusion of watching the waves go back, and the feeling of the sand moving under his feet made him feel like he was being pulled into the ocean.  He kept screaming, "MOM! LOOK AT ME GETTING DRUG IN BY THE OCEAN!!"

I told him several times he wasn't moving, but alas, there was no believing it. 























































Mine and The Girl's beach toes:



















Goodness.  I am loving his toothless smile:




















 A "Beach-y Lunch":



















On the other side of the swimming beach was this cute park.  Forget the swings, slides, and monkey bars. The kids liked this tree:




















OK, here is some swinging:
































(The Little Man made me take those two pictures of him.  He was "acting like he jumped so high he got hurt" and wanted me to take pictures of it.   I blame it on the beach craziness mentioned above.)

Where are pictures of me in the ocean, you ask?  Well.  Let me tell you why there are none:




















Still not clear?  Let me zoom in for you:



















66 degrees?  Not. Gonna. Happen.

Killing myself because I didn't bring a wide angle lens:




















Realizing that, for The Girl, searching for crabs, starfish, and other small sea life in tide pools is just as fun for her as collecting, examining, and caring for bugs.  Oh the hurt that her heart must've felt when I explained that we would not be returning home with Hermit Crabs in tow.  



















Auntie love:



















OK. This little project is taking way longer than I thought it would.  It looks like I am going to break this party up by events in order to save what sanity I have left.

Up next, the kids get to live out a childhood dream of The Hubs, and don't really even bat an eyelash.


No comments: