Friday, January 4, 2013

A Decade Later

A decade ago, I became a mom.  It seems like all that I've done is blinked once.  Somehow, that sweet brand new baby girl they laid in my arms, is now ten years old.  All at once it seems to have gone by so fast, yet I feel so old.  I have a child who is now double digits!

She's become so much in ten years.  She's a: Sister, friend, daughter, granddaughter, cousin, and most importantly, a child of God.  She's a student, an artist, an avid reader, a deep thinker, an external processor, and an introvert who loves people.  She has become a great actress, a beginner Jiu Jitsu student, a marathon completer, a triathlete, and a Battle of the Books boxer.   After mothering her for ten years, I've learned that her heart is amazing.  She's so warm, nurturing, gentle, and peaceful.

At ten years old, her favorite things right now are: Jiu Jitsu, theater, singing and music,  getting her nails done, AWANA, her iPod touch, her brother, all small dogs, spicy foods, inventing things with our recyclables, the outdoors, bugs, and crafting jewelry.   She does not like: Homework, competition, snakes, steak, too much noise, and being rushed.

I had no idea how complex this girl would become when they first handed her over to me.  What a beautiful surprise.  I love nothing more than to figure out what makes this girl tick.  I love watching her as she engages in something she loves.  She's full of passion, this one.

What a ride The Hubs and I have been on these last 10 years, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it with, or for, anyone else.

Sweet Girl,
Here's your birthday montage.  I love how much you love to watch these!  Thank you for helping me pick the music and just the right pictures.  You're quite the help!






Make a video - it's fun, easy and free!
www.onetruemedia.com



P.S.  I'm so sorry that your 10 year old pictures aren't in this yet!  Once I get my camera back from the repair shop, I'll update.

No comments: