Sunday, August 15, 2010

Somehow It's Now Mid-Month

I'm not even sure how this has happened!  The last two weeks have been a whirl wind of activities.  First, we did one last Summer hurrah and packed up the fam for a road trip to visit family in the mid-west, and then upon returning home, it became obvious that the inevitable was drawing near.

School is starting up again.

Like tomorrow.


*sigh*


Because I have been dreading this day since the first day of summer break, I had done nothing to prepare for the arrival of the first day of school.  The paperwork, school supplies, doctor's signatures, meet the teacher nights, and the list goes on and on. 

And HELLO! Since it's the last week of break, NO ONE wants to waste their time doing all that nonsense stuff when you can hang out with friends and hit the pool instead.

I am in a bad place with the whole return of school thing.

If you couldn't tell.

I did try my best to establish some sort of bed time routine so the shock of 6:30 am doesn't kill anyone tomorrow.  However, it's still gonna sting.  I am so thankful, though, that The Girl ordered lunches for the first two days back in the saddle.  It's just one less thing I have to do while still getting my bearings in the early morning.  The Little Man, however? Well.  He has to bring both a lunch AND a snack.  So, I guess that will make up where The Girl left off.

Here's the deal.  In reality, it really isn't going to be THAT bad.   It's just the idea that the most perfect summer is coming to an end that makes me want to consider jumping off the deep end (I KID!).  The kids will love school, the weather is still going to be nice for just a bit longer, I will actually enjoy getting back into somewhat of a routine (OK, I'll probably love it.)  (Way too much.), and come May, I'll be saying (once more) how I can't believe how quickly it all went by.

For know, though, I can hardly wait for Summer Break.

(Yes, I will update with va-cay pics soon).

No comments: